Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy there are 2 opposing views

In a society such as ours, where freedom for all is so important, I am happy that there are opposing views being expressed. The idea of no dissent in this society is a scary thought. If there were no opposing view you would have to wonder what kind of misinformation is being fed to you without any checks. There are more than 2 ideas even. The current president himself has 2 opposing ideas fighting to be heard everytime he speaks. I think it is great that the president pretends that every crazy thing he says, can be explained away by saying the people who recorded him saying that crazy thing, are crazy. Without the many liberal outlets covering for the president, those liberal people may have to rethink who they voted for.

It is great to know that If I don't agree with an idea, I can look elsewhere for what I consider to be a better solution. There are those who feel more comfortable listening to a liberal minded media. I do not. I know what my opinion is and seek out others who share my opinion. I do not think it is helpful to forcefully shut one media source down because I disagree with their views. There is one TV Channel that supports my view, and 15 channels that opposes my view. Though I rarely watch TV for my news and find myself talking to the TV no matter what news source is on.

I think that those people who have 15 pro-liberal stations supporting them should be happy that they have so many sources. As for Fox News, they are extremely happy that they are the only non-Liberal source that provides half the nation with their news. It is a business and they earn alot of advertising money due to ratings that are higher than other news sources. I mainly listen to talk radio though. I enjoy it and think that those who are liberal and have found there is few sources on Talk Radio, should still be happy their views are shared on so many TV news stations.

Liberal's even have NPR (national public radio), which other taxpayers pay for as a national service for liberals. This can be accessed throughout the whole country. I think it is unfortunate that liberals wish to shut up any person who opposes them.

Link to article.

No comments: