Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The reason for this blog

A few months ago I closed my eyes to the media. I grew tired of the poor reporting of the media about politics and economics. I've always known the media is an elitist society that perfects the shading of the truth, but lately it has been way out of line. They were pedalling propaganda. Up to a few months ago I read every article I could to get a better picture of what was happening in the world and more importantly in my country. But then, I stopped reading and watching news, and even listening to talk radio. I couldn't take it anymore. The non-political economic news became a new way for the media to push political agendas. I read CNBC articles that would contradict themselves every half an hour. Why? What were they trying to show? Did they just have poor journalists? Could oil be up for the same reason it was down? Could the stock market be up for the same reason it is down and at the same time? Could weakening the dollar increase the price of oil and at the same time lower the price of oil? Maybe it is because I read too many CNBC articles. An organization who unashamedly and admittedly pushed for one political party. The propaganda was sickening. I was in overload and I shut down.

After this time of putting my head in the sand, I realized that it is my duty to know what is going on in my country. Knowledge is power. I think that it was the media's plan all along to push people to the point of not caring, so they would stop paying attention, and turn the lights out. And when that happens, the cockroaches come out and play. The people will throw up their hands and say, "I don't understand what is going on anyway, so let them do what they will". And that is what is happening. Another "bailout". We of course have been convinced that the economy can only be fixed by a government that produces nothing! And this new bailout which does nothing more than give taxpayer money to lobbyists and special interest groups, will "bail out" the economy how? Or is this a ploy to get another trillion dollars under the noses of the American people without a complaint?

There are articles written every once in a while that portray the common sense of political and economical principles, simple principles that you should be learning from your parents as a kid (Unless they are leaving it up to a school system to teach it. Kindergarten still teaches correct principles.) Articles that connect the dots. Articles that you can see the truth in. Articles that make it evident that correct principles of America are either being displayed or being betrayed. This blog is my way of cataloging the articles that keep me on my toes. So in the state of throwing my hands in the air, I can come back and remember where I can find correct principles. Their must be a reason ethics has become just a fancy word, with no meaning, used in government now. Clever and unscrupulous lawyers using legal jargon and talking out of the sides of their mouths to thwart the simple truth that God gives man freedom; Not the Government. Governments have no power, but what the people allow.

I have thought about cataloging articles in the past, but it seemed impossible to do. The massive amount of articles out there. Even the web addresses of some articles would become unavailable after a short period of time. So here I am. My friend and I will now begin to post articles and links that we find useful to keep. I believe that without "we the people" using our brains and voices to keep ourselves free, that we will fall by the hands of our own bloated government, and moral minorities.

No comments: